Tuesday, April 04, 2006

down to the south of Italy

Yesterday, we arrived in Sorrento, which is in the south of Italy...

Don't mess with our tour manager. =P

Today, we woke up at the asscrack of dawn to catch a ferry to the Isle of Capri. It’s supposedly the richest island in Italy, and HELLA tourists go there. Thank God it’s not tourist season yet (the island’s economy is practically based off tourism), or else I would’ve gone nuts like I did in Venice. (O_o)

Unfortunately, I got a little seasick on our way there because the boat was rocking so much…initially, we were sitting up on top in the freezing cold, and I fell asleep for most of the ride…then Chris and I went down to the lower level in preparation for getting off, and the boat was moving sooo much. =X Yucky feeling.

We took a guided tour of the island…our tour guide was pretty cool, but after a while, touring a tiny island got boring. Instead of going on the last part, which was a boat tour around the island (didn’t wanna get seasick again), Chris and I just walked around and whatnot. We found an internet café in the attic of this gelateria place, so we were on there checking mail and stuff for about an hour. Had mango gelato (OMG SOOO GOOD!), then we didn’t know what to do after so we just walked around some more, stopped into souvenir shops, and just sat on a wall that overlooked the Mediterranean Sea. Mmm…the weather was super nice once it cleared up from the cloudy, rainy morning. Sunshine and cool breezes all around. =)

Chris being a retard.

We boarded the boat, 8 hours later, for our way back to the mainland. Spent a couple of hours in Sorrento, where Chris and I proceeded to shop to make up for not really buying anything but food yesterday. Let’s see…we bought limoncello and limon cream, balsamic vinegar, limon chocolate, and limon pasta. Apparently the south of Italy is famous for lemon stuff, if you couldn’t tell. =P It’s great though; I love lemon! I’m gonna have a blast experimenting in the kitchen when I get back to the States. Anyone wanna come over and be my guinea pig? ;)

After shopping around and stuff, we went back to the hotel for dinner with the group and now everyone’s just chillin. Another early start tomorrow; wakeup call is at 6:30, then we’re off to Rome with a stop in Pompeii along the way. It’s gonna be kinda freaky seeing bodies perfectly preserved in ash from Mt. Vesuvius, but I’m also curious to see what the ruins are like in person, instead of just learning about them from a book.

I love the Italy. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home